Saturday, March 17, 2007

A love that never fails

Romans 8:38,39 are a couple of my favorite verses.

(38) For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
(39) neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Do you catch the impact of those verses? Do you see what it really means? No matter what you do, no matter what you say, no matter what you think, nothing can separate you from the love of God. NOTHING. (that is... if you belong to Him).

My oldest son has had his share of difficulties. His drug abuse lead him down a path of destruction and wild living. The consequences have been severe. He's currently serving in jail for a few years because of the results of his past. For the rest of his life he will be judged by others for his actions. His future will be forever tested and tried. No bed of roses for him down the road that's for sure. However his hope remains in God's love for him. Although his circumstances right now make it tough for him to feel like praying to God every day, he understands and knows that God still loves him and he's asked me to pray for him because he finds it difficult to pray. He's hurt and disappointed with life right now. His thoughts are if God loved him so much why did he allow him to get so far into this mess? I can understand his frustration, but just because God loves us doesn't mean we won't suffer because of our mistakes and choices we make. God's promise is that His love will always be there for us, even when we do the things that hurt us. His love can never be taken away. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Even when we fall into Satan's traps, God's love never fails us. He loves us unconditionally. Thank you Lord!

My hope is that if you too find yourself in a mess. A situation where you're paying the price for your mistakes and choices, I hope you always remember that your God loves you. One day, yes one day, this life will be over. And all the pain and suffering that goes along with it will be gone. What a day that will be when we will be able to rejoice in the presence of our Lord in heaven without any sin influencing or messing up our lives. A perfect, holy, place! I long for that day, I truly do. Don't misunderstand me here... I love life! I enjoy all that God has given me. But this life is filled with pain and hurts that I hate living with. I just hang onto the promise of a better day, that's all. Until that day arrives though, I have work to do. What is it I have to do? I believe that God wants me to encourage others as they struggle through life. To remind others that can't see hope anymore that's it's still there in Christ their Savior. To tell people to never give up on your Lord. Never! Because I tell you the truth, His love is forever and someday again you will be so thankful that you asked Him to be your Lord. Even if you have to wait till you pass from this world to the next... because of God's never ending love for you, you will receive a life in paradise one day. That's a promise... Hang onto that!

God bless you,
Steve



No comments: