Sunday, April 8, 2007

Family Reunions


Sorry I haven't written for a few days. I had my inlaws come to visit for 10 days. Yea, I know what you're thinking... 10 days with the inlaws!

Well, I just have to say it was a great time! Brenda and I certainly miss our family and we long to see them. My job has taken me far away from home for many years now and we're lucky if we get to travel back home once a year to see our families. We miss them and when we get the chance to be together, well it's a great time of catching up and doing things together. Sometimes I think we take our families for granted. When we're able to be with them day in and day out we begin to tire of being around each other and eventually we tend to become complacent in our relationship. But that changes when you never get to see your family. You begin to long to see them. You remember the things you did the last time you were together and when you have the opportunity to get together again, well it's like a reunion each time we meet.

This reunion got me thinking about the best reunion anyone of us will ever have. That time when we'll go to be with the Lord in Heaven and we get the opportunity to reunite with those that have passed on before us. I'm sure this will be a great time of fellowship and catching up. Of course I can only imagine how it will be, but the bible does talk of a great reunion in the family of God. But we have to understand that to be born again, means that we belong to a new family. We belong to a family of believers and we are God's Children. We are adopted into a new family. Take a look at these verses...
Matthew 12: 46-50
(46) While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.
(47) Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."
(48) He replied, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?"(49) Pointing to his disciples, he said, "here are my mother and my brothers.(50) "For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
You see, the reunion that takes place in Heaven will be the greatest, because everyone that is there is a relative that has been adopted into the family of God. We all know how wonderful it is when we see family we haven't seen in a while, now imagine what it will be like reuniting with our new family in the presence of God!
Ephesians 1:5 says... In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.

If you have confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you have been adopted into the family of God. God is your FATHER, and we are his adopted sons and daughters.

There is a sobering reality to all this though. This reunion we're talking about is only for those that know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The reality is that we have loved ones that we care so much about here and now and if they do not come to Jesus, they won't be adopted into our new family. Only those born again get to go the this reunion.

If you know someone in your family that doesn't know the Lord, then find a way to tell them about Jesus. If you don't tell them, they may miss the greatest family reunion of all.

I'm so thankful that my inlaws are saved! We'll be together forever!

Praise the Lord!

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that your whole family is save.
I myself have 2 brother which both are christian but i am yet a christian but if i have the time i will change into one sooner and bringing my parent into it.bless me.
But now in my life i met into a big problem.
story start as(i do not believe in christ at the start of this story):
I have a very close girl friend but we are just friend but i have good feeling toward her.I get to know her in a company where i was working part time and she is 2 year older than me. it not easy to get to know a person in a big company and even making friend with her but it seen that god let us met when i was about to leave the company to continue my study. Was very happy when i get to know her. we are alike in many thing when we first start to chat the only different bewteen us was she is a christian but i am not.but that does not seperate us away from which other but it bring us closer and closer.
she let me start to shake my own stand and start to believe in god's word it is really micrale i can say cause changing me is tough since young my aunt and friend have try and try to change me to believe in chirst but all fail in the end but she did it.
she was like a angel to me her passion for god really touch me deeply.It let me believe that in the world that is a mightly god up there in the heaven.
But in the end she left me. she left me without telling me a reason and she left me when i was at the most terrible time in my life. all the 6 mth that we had being a friend end. how sad can that be? seriously thinking about it..i have this question for god why putting her into my life when i will get hurt in the end?
iszit another lesson learn for me?
i don't know but i wish to know the answer.
basically i am very fragile with relationship i have been hurt feel time before and this time round i cannot take it anymore. it just enough to let me see darkness without any light. i am lost. i feel like going to off from this world but i know it not a right choice to choose from but what should i do when now in me there is no hope no dream no believe.
Now we are no longer friend but we are still working in the same company that is really something sad about it cause it bring me to a phares so near yet so far.
hope that you can reply asap before anything happen to me.

Unwanted Child

Steve said...

To the anonymous person that left me your comments, I ask you to read my post titled... Unwanted Child

God bless you, Steve