Monday, April 23, 2007

It's OK to Complain to God


I am disgusted with my life. Let me complain freely. I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. Job 10:1

Sometimes we become so frustrated with our lives. We're disappointed in our lack of success or frustrated with our failures. Things just are not going the way we had intended or even dreamed they would. Look at Job! Here's a man that had his whole life turned upside down. He's a devote man of God yet all this tragedy happens to him. He doesn't understand why and finally he gets to the point that he just has to tell God how he feels.

You know it's OK to complain to God. Job certainly did and we need to know that God will hear us as we complain. Sometimes complaining in itself is a way to get it off our chest. But at least with God, we're not complaining on deaf ears. He hears us, He cares for us, and He is the only one that can make the situation better in our lives.

In my work I'm always tell my associates to complain up rather than complaining out. This simply means that if you are going to complain, complain up to your supervisor or to someone of authority that can do something about the situation. To complain out means we sit in the lounge and complain to others about how frustrated we are, and all this does is bring everyone else down and does nothing to solve or improve our situation. It becomes gossip and it destroys moral in the organization. But when we complain up... we have hope that the situation can and will improve. Why? Because we've complained to someone that has the authority to make it better.

Have you ever gone to complain about something in a restaurant or store. You always ask for the manager or the owner don't you? The reason you do is because you want to get the message to the person who has the authority to correct the problem.

The next time you feel frustrated with your life and you just need to complain about it. Complain to the One that can make things better. Complain to the One with all authority to correct all situations in your life. Go ahead and complain to God. He loves you and is listening to you. It's OK, God can handle it. (remember, God already knows all things about you anyway... He may be waiting on you to acknowledge Him and waiting on you to cry out for help)

PRAYER: Dear God, Help me to be strong during difficult times in my life that leave me disgusted and frustrated. Lord when I do get this way help to be mindful rather than complaining to others about my life, may I always feel free to complain to you. You know my heart and my issues and I know that You have all authority to hear and resolve my complaints. Thank You for loving me so much that when I get to the point of complaining, You hear my cry. It's in Jesus name I pray. Amen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post, thanks

Anonymous said...

Why is it okay to complain to God? Well of course he listens to us but what are we that we complain to Him? I thought the bible says that we should not complain.. Philippians 2:14 for example..

We often complain because we are not thankful enough.. We didn't realize that God gave us so much! Love, peace, joy, patience, courage, and all that stuff.. We should be content! 1 Timothy 6:6 says "Godliness with contentment is great gain".. When we are frustated, don't complain.. Ask for help and pray for contentment will be so much better than complaining and whining..

My opinion is.. It's not okay to complain to God because we don't really have a right for it..

Anonymous said...

As a variant, yes

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. This is just a blog. God hates complaining! Complaining means to "stay the night". Perhaps that's why the Israelites stayed for 40 years of nights!!! Suck it up- count it all joy and be an overcomes.
Yes, life on earth is tough but it's not forever if you believe & follow Jesus.