Sunday, November 2, 2008

Vote

One person makes a difference. It's the collective of all the votes that determines the outcome. The worst thing people can do is think this way... "Well I'm only one person, it really doesn't matter if I vote or not."

Just a few weeks ago I participated in a fund raising event for CMN (Children's Miracle Network) I was locked inside a makeshift jail cell at work and I had to raise $1,000 to get out. As the customers passed by I would let them know that I was raising money for Children's Miracle Network and I'd ask if they could donate to help the kids at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville TN. Most would dig in their purse or reach into their pockets and look for any change they might have on them. Some gave dollar bills but truthfully most gave pocket change. Every single time a customer gave me their pocket change they apologized and said I know it's not much, I'm sorry. I'd quickly thank them and remind them that it all adds up and I appreciate their donation so much. We raised $1056 in about a 7 hour time frame and when we added up the money, $228 of the total came from pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters! Over 20% of the total came from the people that thought their donation didn't matter. My point... Vote this Tuesday. Your vote does matter, it does count, and you have a responsibility to be an engaged citizen.

Read the following verses:
1 Corinthians 12:12-31

Just as you are a member of the body of Christ and you do matter, you are important and you do have a function and responsibility within the body of Christ. So it is that you matter to others within your family, your community, your city, state, and country. Vote... this Tuesday. You do make a difference!

Note... I in no way mention who to vote for... that decision must be made by you and the Lord as your guide. Pray about it. Seek the Lords council... then VOTE. Either way the election turns out, know this... at least you cast your vote, you played your part in the decision process instead of leaving it up to everyone else to decide your future government. You know, there are many Christians that are Democrats, many that are Republicans, and many that are Independents. My hope and prayer is that Christians will vote. People that are lead by God will vote. Then either way it goes, at the very least, Christians had a voice in the political process, at most... Godly people elected the President of the United states of America.

See you at the polls,

Steve

No comments: