Friday, January 25, 2008

A New Chapter begins

It's amazing sometimes to stop and look back over the months and see what God has done to create a change in your life. A major shift, but set up over a period of time. A bunch of small little steps that leads to a major event.

If you had asked me just 6 months ago if I was going to be moving and taking on another job. I would have thought you were crazy. Nothing like that was in my plan, that's for sure. I would have laughed it off. But here I sit at the dawn of a new journey in my career. Not only with my career but with my family as well. I'll be moving to Murfreesboro TN. I've been given an opportunity to manage a larger store and also relocate to a another town. All of which is what my family and I needed. You see the new store brings with it new challenges and that has excited me and revived my interest in my job. I find work exciting again. Not only has this change impacted my attitude towards my work, but my family benefits as well. Eric will be out of jail soon and the advantage of moving helps him to be in a new town with greater opportunities for him to start fresh and begin a new life. My youngest son graduates from vo-tech this year and he will have greater opportunities for work in Murfreesboro as this city is much larger and has more opportunity for the trade he's going into. My wife needed the change desperately. These years we've spent in McMinnville have many good memories attached with them, we have some very good friends and a wonderful church, work has been great with wonderful associates to work with but unfortunately McMinnville is associated with many painful memories as well. Twelve years, and a lot has happened. If you have read my blog in the past you know what I'm talking about. What started out as a temporary situation to help out another store in need has turned into a permanent change that impacts my life and my family like I would have never ever seen happening just a few months ago. It's amazing to me to think that God already had this planned out for me and that he was preparing the steps for me to take that would eventually lead to this change in my life. In a week I'll be permanently assigned to this new store and soon I'll be relocating and moving there to avoid the hour long drive to and from work everyday. Even though I'll miss all my friends at work and in the community, I'm excited about what God has planned for me in the future. One thing I do know... God has it all worked out, and that's all I need to know.

Thank you Lord for guiding me and taking care of my family as only you can. I know without a doubt in my mind that this was all ordained by you and because of that I have confidence and I'm content with the new challenges before me. May you continue to guide and direct my life and may I always be willing to go wherever it is you need me to go. Thank you Lord for opening this door, because I would have never opened this one if you hadn't. It's in the precious name of Jesus that I pray. Amen

No comments: