Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Day

Happy Mothers Day!
Today is one of those Holidays when we celebrate someone we love. I know we're supposed to let our Mom's know how much we love them everyday, but too often we don't. As we get older, as in my case 47 years old, our lives are filled with issues that take our focus off our own mothers. Especially if you live many miles apart, as in my case. I'm in Tennessee and Mom's in Kansas. Maybe once each year I get to see Mom and other than an occasional phone, my interaction with my Mom is very little now days.

But even though we don't see each other much, that doesn't lessen the impact she has on me everyday. I think about her often. I love her and appreciate the Mom and the friend that she has always been to me. As I watch my wife show her love and commitment towards our two son's, I'm reminded everyday of the love my Mom has for me and my sisters. It's a love that never ends. I'm 47 years old and live far away from my Mom, yet I feel her love every time we speak and see each other. My Mom's the best! She's a wonderful example of what a Mom should be to her children as they grow up, and she's a wonderful Mom to her son now that I'm supposed to be all grown up. I love her so much, and I write this knowing she doesn't own a computer and won't be able to view my comments about her... so I'll call her today and say it in person. I write this morning as I prepare to go to church, to remind each of you... It's Mothers Day.

For those of you that have lost your Mother over the years. Today is a day of loss. Today is a special day of reflection of the gifts she gave you while she was here. The best gift my Mom ever gave me was her love. It's unconditional, always has been. She reminds me of the love of Jesus. Never ending. never failing, and always present. I know you miss her. The love she shared with you can never be taken away and even better, we can share it with others. Honor her by sharing her love on someone else. That's what Mom's do best!

I love you Mom.

Steven