Saturday, October 27, 2007

Heavenly Home


John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.


This week I attended the funeral of a co worker of mine and while at his funeral the preacher said something that I've really never thought about before. I mean I know how wonderful heaven will be, I know what the bible says it will be like. But to help us imagine just a little of what heaven must be like, he said this...

"When you look around and see all the beauty that is around us, the trees, mountains, sunsets, and such, all this was made by God in 6 days. Now think about what Jesus said about heaven. I go prepare a place for you. Jesus has been preparing that place for over 2000 years now!" "Think about how awesome and beautiful his creation is here in only 6 days work. Can you just imagine what God can do with 2000 years?" Wow. I do not think we can possibly imagine what heaven will be like, because however we imagine it, we can't possibly do it justice. Our minds can not comprehend what awaits us.

All I have to ask you is this... Are you going? Is Jesus preparing a place for you?

If you are not sure then read the previous posting titled... "Path to Salvation... Knowing Christ" and know for certain you are going to heaven for eternity.

God Bless you,

Steve

No comments: