Friday, February 22, 2008

Seek Ye First

Well, the day is finally upon us. This week we're moving to Murfreesboro TN. I've been working there for three weeks now and driving back and forth really hasn't been that bad. I don't mind the drive, I just don't like the drive lasting two hours of my day. One hour each way, to and from work.
Where we're moving to will put me only 3 miles from work and I'll be able to go home for lunch and be either at work or home in just minutes rather than hours. I hope to be able to write more than I have lately. My quiet time alone with God has been less lately and my bible study is less than it's been in the past. I'm amazed at how easily I can make excuses for not having my bible study time. I'm too tired, I'm not in the mood, I'd rather read or write or watch TV. Wow, doesn't seem like my priorities are right do they? Which of course they're not at the moment. Lately I've been preoccupied with moving, packing, getting the house ready to sell, working with realtor's and banks and utility companies. My new job takes a lot of my focus and with all that's going on I feel that my time is very limited lately and it's all I can do to make room for God. I say this to share the dangers of what can happen to us when we don't make God our FIRST priority. You see, I've been allowing everything else to take priority over God. I'm ashamed to say that this has happened, but it has. Today, I've finally gotten so far behind in all that I have to get done, that I realized that without God first in my life, all this other stuff just doesn't seem to flow well anymore. It's during times like these, times of change and new beginnings, that you'd think I'd make God first in all I do but lately I haven't.
The good news is that I realize what I've been doing and I can today, begin again, with a new focus. A new focus on my Lord and Savior and when I do that, I can handle all that comes my way. The good and the bad. Today I realized that I needed to stop everything and re-connect with my Lord, ask for forgiveness, and renew my fading relationship with the Lord. I'm amazed at how quickly I've been revived, given strength, and uplifted just by renewing this focus. What an amazing God we serve. One that loves us so much that even when we lose sight of Him, He never loses sight of us.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord Jesus for your love and your forgiveness. Keep me close to you as my family and I move forward on this new journey before us. We're excited about the opportunities that await us. May we be willing to go wherever you lead us, and may we never forget to keep you first in all we say, think, and do. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments: