Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm Debt Free!

Have you ever listened to the Dave Ramsey show on the radio?http://www.daveramsey.com/ Just about every day someone calls in and shouts at the top of their lungs... "I'm Debt FREE!" Well I just got to thinking about my own situation for a moment and I realized that I too am debt free. You see, I've sold my house here in McMinnville TN, and tomorrow I close on our new home in Murfreesboro TN. So officially today I am completely debt free! I didn't have any debt other than our house payment and even that too is gone as of right now... (at least for a few more hours anyway, I'm completely debt free.)

This whole debt free thing got me thinking though. You know the day I gave my life to Jesus Christ... I became debt free, didn't I? Jesus after all paid our debt when he surrendered himself to die for our sins on that cross at Calvary. Makes me wish that I'd shouted at the top of my lungs, "I'm debt FREE!" the night I gave my life to Christ because that's exactly what happened. I became debt free for eternity. Unlike the world we live in today, constantly going in and out of debt, Jesus pays our debt once and for all... FOREVER! In todays society it's hard work to get out of debt and stay out of debt. But the work of getting out of sin's debt is not our work at all. It was Jesus who paid the price for you and I to be debt free! He died for us so we can all shout those words we here so often on Dave's show... "I'm debt freeeeeeeeee!" Freedom is ours with Christ Jesus. How about you? Are you debt free? You can be. Give your life to Christ and accept His free gift of eternal life. Live debt free from now on.

Hebrews 7:27
(27) Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

I'm Debt Freeeeeeeeee! Thank you Lord Jesus!

No comments: